An effective synergy of skills in favour of innovation and performance
Awarded the "Pôle de Compétitivité" label in 2005, the Pôle Véhicule du Futur is a automotive cluster that fosters synergies between companies, education and research in the field of vehicles and mobility of the future.
To support the development of manufacturers in Alsace and Franche-Comté operating in the automotive, land transport and mobility industries; to improve their competitiveness to create more value and jobs.
A programme of actions to create a competitive local economic fabric
Since it was created, the Pôle Véhicule du Futur has demonstrated the extraordinary vitality of the businesses and research laboratories in the area it covers with numerous growth-generating and structural projects. It benefits from a growing reputation and is invigorating the economies of the region of East of France.
In its strategic roadmap, the Pôle Véhicule du Futur has crossed the expectations of its members and partners with its generic missions as a competitiveness cluster to define a number of primary goals:
- To provide the actors in the region with a forward-looking vision of the likely developments in technologies and the market.
- To encourage the emergence of collaborative innovation projects.
- To identify the need for innovation platforms, resource centres, etc. and then to help set them up.
- To improve firms' industrial and economic performance: lean manufacturing, dissemination of good practices, pooled procurement
- To help firms ramp up their skills: training, strategic workforce planning (SWP)
- To build strategic partnerships with other clusters and specialist centres in France and abroad.
- To contribute to the international renown and attractiveness of the region, in particular as a centre of experimentation.