An effective synergy of skills to boost innovation and performance
Officially recognised as a competitiveness cluster in 2005, Vehicle of the Future cluster is a non-profit organisation that aims to foster synergies between companies, teaching and research in the field of the vehicle and mobility of the future.
It has created and leads an ecosystem with more than 500 members in north-eastern France: the Bourgogne-Franche-Comté and Grand Est Regions.
In June 2020, the Véhicule du Futur cluster absorbed the ARIA (Regional automotive industry association) for Champagne-Ardenne and Lorraine.
The cluster supports businesses:
- to move into new mobility markets: electric, hydrogen, autonomous & connected vehicles and mobility services
- to move into the Industry of the future: transformation of production processes
To support the development of industrial firms in the automotive, land transport and innovative mobility sectors; to improve their competitiveness to create value and jobs.
Since it was created, Vehicle of the Future cluster has demonstrated the vitality of the companies and research laboratories in its region, with numerous promising structural projects. It enjoys a constantly growing reputation and has undeniably breathed a new dynamism into the Bourgogne-Franche-Comté and Grand Est regions.
In its strategic roadmap, Vehicle of the Future cluster has combined the expectations of its members and partners with its generic missions as a competitiveness cluster to define a series of priority objectives:
- To give the stakeholders in the region a forward-looking vision of technological and market developments.
- To encourage the emergence of collaborative innovation projects.
- To identify needs to set up innovation platforms and resource centres.
- To improve companies' industrial and economic performance.
- To support the upskilling of companies: à la carte training, new training for tomorrow's forms of mobility.
- To build strategic partnerships with other national and international clusters.
- To help extend the region's international reach, reputation and attractiveness, in particular in terms of experimentation.